Question

Does PSO actually consider FSM part need part id and quantity in the scheduling process?

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Does PSO actually consider FSM part need part id and quantity in the scheduling process?

I can’t get that to work anymore. You see the van stock in pso under the resoure details, but the resource selection doesn’t consider part need.

I recall that you would see a match in parts on the pso compare screen. 

Please advise.

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Jasper,
If FSM is sending the data through to PSO correctly then the part data will be considered in the process.  You will probably need to get advice from the FSM team to track down the mechanisms for sending this through in the right way.
Thanks,
Carl

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @Jasper ,

As per my understanding, in PSO a resource can only be allocated an activity requiring a part if they are carrying a sufficient quantity of the same part. Parts act as a constraint on the ability of the activity to be scheduled to a resource. If any parts are required a resource must carry enough of the type of part specified in order to be allocated the activity.

Resource details display the parts and quantities used over the scheduling window as each activity is carried out. When the activity has been completed the quantity used by the activity will be subtracted from the quantity carried by the resource.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Bhanuka

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

After further testing I can confirm that part needs are considered in PSO. You get a great visual on the compare screen.