Skip to main content
Question

Dispatch Console - drag and drop

• 20 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there, i have two questions:

• 1.  when moving a task in the console from one resource to another, can we simply drag and drop the task, or do we need to manually break the work assignment?  
  • 2. When having to move an activity from the same resource today that has not yet been accepted or started, can we simply drag and drop the assignment to the next day without having to break the work assignment?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

With “break the work assignment” you mean splitting it into multiple assignments if the task duration requires it? Then yes, this is possible. When the allocation is created, it shows as one block, but should consider calendar hours. Only when you transfer to mobile it is split into multiple assignments.

N.B. When you modified the duration of an allocation and drag & drop to a different resource, the duration goes back to the original task duration.

Badge +3

Hi there, 

no, i am asking if we can simply move an activity in console, that hasnt accepted or started work yet, and just drag and drop to the same resource on a different day, or a different resource altogether, without having to go into transferred tasks/work assignments and follow all the steps to break the original work assignment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

That’s what I meant. You can drag and drop from the list to one resource and later to the same or a different resource at a different time.