Solved

Creating a task using the API(FSM) without the authentication tag in the request

• 20 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi,

When creating a task using the API already provided by FSM and POSTMAN to invoke it, using the following URL “/MetrixIntegrationService/M5WebService.asmx/ProcessXML” to make the request, we send a tag with the authentication, with the credentials of a valid user like the following example:

Our question is whether it is possible to send the xml without this authentication tag that has the password visible, we tried to use "Authorization" as the following example:

but it returns the following error "XML authentication failed."

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Best regards

icon

Best answer by Miraj 20 December 2022, 23:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

You could use the url “M5WebService.asmx/ProcessMessage” with authorization info under the authorization tab

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks Miraj. The authorization case worked with the new URL. However, we detected a problem when there is an error case, where it does not return an error structure as it does when the authorization tag goes in the xml as in the following example:

Without the authorization tag in the xml

With the authorization tag in the xml

Do any other changes need to be made?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@João Martins Sorry for the late reply, I checked what you’ve pointed out and I see that the response for errors are sent in text format instead of xml. 
This I believe is something IFS needs to fix (may you could raise a ticket). Should be a pretty straightforward fix from their end