Question

Cancelled PM Action

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

A User accidently cancelled a Work Order generated from the PM Action Maintenance Plan. This work order should not have been cancelled and the Maintenance is required to be completed / recorded.

How can I cancel the cancellation? It will not let me regenerate a WO for the Cancelled Line and I do not want to Generate Next Years Line to record it.

Thanks, 

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @lisa.gilesAB ,

I’m sorry that you are experiencing this issue.

If you use the option ‘Cancel Related Work’, you will be able to remove the Work Order reference from the PM action and you can generate another Work Order for the same plan line. However, as far as I know, if you have cancelled the Work Order from the Prepare Work Order window, Work Order reference cannot be removed from the PM action. May be you have to do a data repair to remove the source connection of the work tasks.

Generate Work Order is enabled again and the WO No is removed only when ‘Cancel Related Work ‘ option is used.

Thanks,

Nethmini

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

I do not get that Option when I RMB on the Maintenance Plan Line:

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Lisa,

Yes, you will not get that option as the work order is cancelled from Prepare Work Order window( RMB on another plan line with a WO in workrequest status , and you will see this option). If you wish to cancel a work order and generate a new work order for the same plan line, "cancel related work" is the option you should use. As the user has mistakenly cancelled it from Prepare Work Order, I think you will have to do a data repair.

Thanks,

Nethmini