• 17 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 5 replies

Hi all,
IFS Cloud/PSO
I was wondering what are the configurations/basic data to Schedule automatically with PSO in IFS CLOUD.
Are there any committ rules on IFS CLOUD as well? 

Currently the flow I am running is as follows:
1. Creation of Request creation and subsequent task
2. Task allocation thanks to PSO
3. Dispatch clicking button "assign" to validate/modify PSO scheduling on DC Console
4. Dispatch clicking "Transfer to Mobile" to send it to the resource on the mobile 
5. The flow continues in the standard way thanks to the MWO Service. 

Is there any way to automatically validate the scheduling done by the PSO without the Dispatcher clicking Assign on every task (ex: the night before/after every hour)? 
I was thinking Commit rules or a Job?

From my tests, Assign is important to generate the Work Assigment and to allow the "Complete" status on the MWO to update the status from Work Start to Work Done. 
Am I doing something wrong?

icon

Best answer by Alexander Heinze 18 April 2024, 00:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi Stefania, there is no need to use the Dispatch Console. You define Commit Rules in PSO (standard PSO capability)…

...and put them into a rule collection.

These rules are part of the modelling dataset, hence in IFS Cloud you need to create a modelling dataset (ideally matching the name of your scheduling dataset) and the rule collection (same ID as in PSO). See Scheduling Demystified if needed.

This will allow you to reference the ruleset on the individual resource or resource type:

And finally the database task from your other post will send the assignments to MWO automatically.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Alex, Thanks for your support. 

I configured the dataset as you indicated:

Modelling Dataset in IFS Cloud, linked to Scheduling Dataset
Rule Collection in IFS Cloud
Rule Collection in PSO

We also added Rule Collection in Scheduling Resources

Despite creating the rule, nothing appears/happens in PSO. The task is still in allocated status.

No work assignment is created on Ifs Cloud.

Is there something wrong with the configurations? Is there anything else we can do?

To test this scenario today, after any changes are made, is there any way (e.g., a job to run) to automatically "commit"/"assign" these tasks, without waiting until the next day?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Did you activate the SDS?

If not - activate it- re-activate the dataset and send a full load, it should start committing today.

P.S. As soon as this works for you, I will make sure I add these instructions to Scheduling Demystified 24R1… Smile

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Yes, I activated SDS ( my IFSCloud version is : 23R1 ) but it doesn’t work 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Can you try to manually commit the activity in PSO? This should create an assignment in Cloud (no need to do anything in DC). If this doesn’t work, there likely is a problem with the messaging from PSO to Cloud, check the Audits and Events pages in PSO. If it does work, I would review the commit rules. 

My screenshots are from 23.2.3 and a PoC in which the above configuration commits 1,000s of activities every single day.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Alex, 

It works.
If I commit a task manually through the PSO, a work assignment is created and assigned to the correct person.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi Alex, 
the problem was in the commit rule. I had not set any values for "Time Horizon" and "Time Before Shift Start."
It seems to be working at the moment. 
I leave a full Screen of my rule: