Solved

Auto Load ARP Data from Scheduling Data

• 15 September 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

When using IFS Applications with PSO, all of your scheduling data is loaded into PSO with the LOAD.  If you are using ARP as well, is there a way to have your scheduling data to automatically copy to ARP (Such as resources, resource types, etc...)?

icon

Best answer by anmise 16 September 2021, 12:06

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@anmise can you help here?

Userlevel 7

Hi @ctaylor56, there’s no standard integration between IFS Applications/Cloud and the ARP for resources etc. In theory, you can use the ARP by setting up the resources with IDs matching whatever is in IFS Apps/Cloud, but it would require some dual data entry. You can load data into the ARP using an XML file. If you are using ARP for shift planning, you have to remove any schedules from HR in Apps/Cloud, as you’ll get double shifts otherwise. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

@anmise I played around with this some more and I see the dual shifts (1 from IFS HR and the other from my Rota).  Is there a message I can send PSO to delete the IFS HR schedule or even prevent it from sending the IFS HR schedule to PSO while maintaining my IFS HR Schedule in IFS (needed for time reporting and payroll)?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

We at AstraCanyon have developed a solution of being able to use more of IFS PSO ARP with the IFS Applications 10 integration.  

Customer wanted to use ARP to have the ability to adjust Resource Time Zone, Resource Start and Stop locations per day and resource working hours per day. 

ARP allows us to create a ROTA and manage resources in PSO but if you also have an IFS HR Schedule (payroll requirement) then you end up with dual shifts per day in PSO.  What we have developed is our own LOAD file from APPS that strips the IFS HR Schedule and Breaks but maintains the Private events (PTO, UTO, etc...).  This feature enables the customer to continue to utilize IFS HR for their payroll and allows the customer more utilization of ARP than just the Travel Cost Models, and Rule Collection.

@Phil Lamerton not sure if you want to post this in your issue resolution section.  I am sure the same can be done in Apps 9 too.  This was a massive breakthrough for us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@anmise 

@tomgreenwood