Question

Android 13 compatibility with FSM Mobile

• 2 September 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

My phone just upgraded to Android 13. We are using FSM 6 update 12 (soon to go to update 18). I just tried to install the mobile app and it does not successfully open. It seems to have a problem around how permissions are granted- I grant all the permissions but it still acts like I need to grant more permissions.

What FSM update will support Android 13?

By the way, I also tried it with update 18 and that won’t come up either.

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I just got this answer from IFS: “We anticipate that it [Android 13] will be fully supported with the Update 21 release, shipping Oct 14.”

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Just confirming, Android 13 is supported in FSM6 Update 21 released October 14, 2022 and Update 22 released December 2nd, 2022.    Android 13 required technical changes in the mobile application that are not available in earlier updates.   Customers needing support for Android 13 should upgrade to the latest FSM update, currently update 22.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I see Jon Reid referring to update 21 and update 22 for Android 13. Do we need update 22 for Android 13, or is it fully supported in update 21?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Android 13 is fully supported in Update 21, though I recommend you get the latest update which is Update 22 (Released Friday Dec 2nd).

Badge +4

Hello Everyone,

Can you please let me know if FSM Mobile 6.7 is supported by Samsung G991W Android version 13

It was working fine with Android version 10,But after updating to 13 i have issues 

Please advise. Thank you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Shaik, FSM6 Update 7 does not support Android 13.   As stated in earlier responses to this topic you must upgrade to FSM 6 Update 21 or later.   I recommend you get the latest update which is Update 22 (Released Friday Dec 2nd).

Badge +4

Thank you Jon,

Your feedback is very helpful.

Badge +4

Do you know what is the last Android version version that FSM 6.7 supports?

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

for FSM6 Update 7, Android 6 through 10 is what is documented in the Installation Guide (page 14).

Badge +4

Hi

I am trying to configure FSM SSO with Azure AD..We are using Smartclient and Mobile client version 6.7

I tried to configure using the guide. But i am getting error ”verify your Open ID  settings to resolve this error OIDC115a  .Can you please suggest .I am thinking that i am not entering the Redirect URI. Thank you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Yes it is failing to create the identity provider, most likely because of an incorrect configuration in the OPENID_xxxxx FSM app params.  You mention smart client and mobile, does the web client work with OIDC or not?

Badge +4

Hi Jon,The web client wont work with OIDC..After making few changes now Its allowing me to use Windows authentication while logging into FSM smart client.But when i enter the details its asking the username and password again and looping..Do you have any idea about this 🙂.Thanks

Badge +4

Hi Jon,

Can you please let me know until what year FSM 6.7 is good ,what is the end of support for that version

i heard its 2028,is it correct?

Thank you