Question

Address/location & region in work task

• 9 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

hi 

In FSM module in IFS, I created a location & tagged it with a region. Inside the task of that service request, I chose that location but I am unable to see region populated by default.

The region to which location is tagged

I entered this location in work task

Region is not populated and I cant add that as well. (under PSO scheduling information in the work task)

Since region is not there inside the task, when I am using View eligible resource in dispatch console, it is not applying any filter on region which I expected. I am trying to remove the location so that I can manually add the region but I don’t see any option to remove the address in the task once entered.

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @anushakh 

the region field on the task is used as an override of the data you have on the location. Unfortunately you will not see the regions associated with the location on the task itself, however you will be able to see them in the dispatch console and they will be set as filters when you use eligible resources.

To associate a resource with a region, you need define it in Scheduling Resource Regions

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

ok, thanks will check

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Anmise, I feel I am on a different screen (I am working on IFS cloud). I gave a location as address inside the task, as you said it will not populate the region in work task screen but region will work as filter in dispatch console but this is not happening.

For task 160, when I chose view eligible resource, it did not apply any filter on region.

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise, I feel I am on a different screen (I am working on IFS cloud). I gave a location as address inside the task, as you said it will not populate the region in work task screen but region will work as filter in dispatch console but this is not happening.

For task 160, when I chose view eligible resource, it did not apply any filter on region.

If you change the view from table to Tile View, do you see the region?

Which version of IFS Cloud are you using? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

There is no region field here 

Version is 22.1.3

Userlevel 7

There is no region field here 

Version is 22.1.3

You are right, it was added in 22R2 unfortunately. Apologies for not asking about the version earlier.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

hi anmise,

I can add an address inside the service task(from locations defined in system) assuming that FSE needs to go there to perform that task but if it does not associate the location with region by any way, how will I dispatch the right technician (technician who handles that region issues) as it does not filter the task eligible resource by region in that case.