Solved

Adding Work Type to Work Order

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Good morning,

I am unable to add a work type to an existing Work Order. A message stating : 

'work type can not be changed when one or more posting rows are transferred to customer order'

At present the Work Type field is blank.

Can you advise how I can rectify this?

Thank you

Dave

icon

Best answer by Thommy 25 May 2022, 15:07

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi Dave,

Are you running Apps9 (or an earlier release)?

I assume so since the message is stating ‘posting rows’ (these has been replaced by sales lines in Apps10 and later releases).

In pre Apps10 the change of Work Type is a bit restricted.

From help:

• If the work was made against a customer you may also transfer all transactions to customer order to send an invoice on the work. Note: It is very important to note that a work type is entered in the work order if the control type C54 is used in the company. If a work type is not entered, the user can post the cost of the work order to the code part set in the Default Value No CT Value field. It is advisable for customers who are always using work types in work orders to make the Work Type field mandatory.

This might be the reason for not allowing entering the Work Type in this stage of the process.

This handling has been revised from Apps10 and any change of information that might effect posting information is now allowed and handled by the introduced Reposting functionality.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Many thanks for your advice.