Question

View attachments capability

• 11 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

We are currently in 22R1, SU10.

I am trying to make it possible for people to view/eyeball attachments.  I have added the user to the Document Class, I have given them the DocReferenceObjectAttachmentHandling projection and they still cannot view documents.  Any ideas what I am missing?

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Have the users been granted View access to this document revision record, document number 1004217? Often default access levels are granted thru an Access Template defined explicitly for a Document Class but can be granted/removed on an as-needed basis. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

For a similar question:

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Have the users been granted View access to this document revision record, document number 1004217? Often default access levels are granted thru an Access Template defined explicitly for a Document Class but can be granted/removed on an as-needed basis. 

Yes. And considering that the Download icon is also not visible, the missing View access (or higher) is probably what is missing.

Also, the Eye icon will not be available for all file formats. It’s basically working for PDF files, plain text files (those you open in Notepad in Windows), image files, audio files and video files.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

PS. You can read about how the document access works here:

https://docs.ifs.com/ifsclouddocs/22r2/CreateAndMaintainDocument/AboutDocumentAccess.htm?StandAlone=true