Solved

Upload e-mail from outlook into IFS - Edge/Chrome

• 1 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

In order to upload an e-mail from outlook into IFS I have installed the IFS extension in my outlook aplication, set-up the correct URL and installed IFS Aurena agent.

But am I correct that the IFS Aurena Agent only works as an extension on the Google Chrome Browser? (So your default browser must be set to Chrome). I’ve got it to work with chrome but when I set the default browser to Microsoft Edge it still gives me an error:

Is there also a possibility to use Edge to do this or is chrome the only option here?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

icon

Best answer by Mayura Wasantha 1 December 2022, 14:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

There should not be any difference of AA between Chrome & Edge browsers,

Did you install the IFS Aurena Extension from this below site?
IFS Aurena Extension - Chrome Web Store (google.com)

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mayura Wasantha ,

Ok, that corrected the issue. Thank you for your help.

I mus say that this is very confusing - I got it to work with chrome because I added the aurena agent as an extension to chrome - which is done automatically from the IFS Add-ons.

But to add functionality that same functionality to Edge, you cannot find the Aurena extension as an add-on in the IFS add-ons or in the standard Edge Add-on programs.

And even when you know you should to to the chrome webstore USING Edge (not chrome) - when you search on ‘IFS’ or ‘Aurena’ to find the extension you get no results. So you assume there is no IFS Aurena add-on available for Edge.

So without the above link, there is no way to know or be able to add the IFS Aurena Extension to Microsoft Edge. So unless I am missing something (and if I do, I already apologize) - but this does not seem to be very user friendly.

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The Aurena Agent and the IFS Aurena Chrome Extension that is part of that solution was made for Google Chrome only (and it was done even before Edge was based on Chromium, like Chrome is). As you know, it can also be made to work with Edge (Chromium version) but we haven't yet made it as simple to install for Edge as for Chrome. Feel free to add an idea here on IFS Community to make this better. Or simply use Chrome 🙂

By the way, the Chrome extension is unlisted on purpose (since it's not really meant to be installed separately, even if it can be, although it will not make any sense without the Aurena Agent as well) and is therefore linked to from the Add-On page which you can reach from the landing page of your IFS installation.