Skip to main content
Question

Unable to Edit Group ID During Approval Process

• 11 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

Can anyone share their insights or suggestions on what specific permissions or projections I should request to grant users the ability to edit the Group ID during the approval process? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Note: ApprovalsHandling is already granted

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@MaheeshaK currently it is only supported to edit the step description and note field on an approval line. Since approvals can be enabled in any business object we don’t have control over who can edit the steps in the relevant business flow, As it cannot be centrally defined (except for document revisions where there is access controls who can add/edit/delete steps). So suggestion is the user will have to duplicate the step and do the necessary changes and delete the previous line. or use pre-defined approval templates.

Hope this helps.

Badge +5

@diwelk 
But when we give DOCMAN_ADMINISTRATOR permission to the user it is possible to edit group as well. However, we cannot provide the End-user full administration rights to Document Management. So without giving DOCMAN_ADMINISTRATOR permission, is there any way to proceed? (Except deleting lines as you described previously)

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi All,

Can anyone share their insights or suggestions on what specific permissions or projections I should request to grant users the ability to edit the Group ID during the approval process? Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Note: ApprovalsHandling is already granted

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Hi @MaheeshaK  

I hope this reply finds you well.

That is permission issue go to permission set then gave access of DOC_ADMINISTRATOR permission to End-users after that you can change.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/zuhaib-71698211b/

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@MaheeshaK looking forward for a quick fix to it: CS0238348 instead of 24R2 :-)

Thanks

Dominik