Solved

Unable to add attachment!

• 18 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Dear All,

This error occurs on APPS9.In every window when we go to create a new document, it shows this error message. I checked the docman_temp_path using cofiguration.xml and the mentioned folder is already in the correct location. can’t determine what is the reason for this issue. kindly, expecting a favourable response from you. Please check the screenshots to get a better understanding.

Thank you and Best regards.

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 25 October 2022, 16:40

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @XitSakunE 

it seems IFS can’t find the path. Maybe you’ve deleted the folder.

Try to change it as following: 

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @XitSakunE 

it seems IFS can’t find the path. Maybe you’ve deleted the folder.

Try to change it as following: 

Dear @Link 
I changed the location. Now, It creates a document somehow. But can’t be accessible. Any idea regarding this?
Thank you best regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @XitSakunE 

the last issue shoulb be a permission problem. You are not able to open it.

Do you have the system privileges “Docman Administrator” to open all documents (in your permission sets)?

Otherwise you can also check the document class of this document.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

A small comment: the ticket temporary path is a path on the application server, in case this is not clear. There is no relation with the local check out path configured under User Settings.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

A small comment: the ticket temporary path is a path on the application server, in case this is not clear. There is no relation with the local check out path configured under User Settings.

Dear @Mathias Dahl,
Correct! There are mistakes in the information that I received from the relevant person. Yesterday, I could receive the credentials and checked regarding this. These are the correct screenshots of the issue.  

However, the problem is that the Docman folder in the file path mentioned in the error message does not exist. I have created the folder and now the issue is resolved. But the problem is, how could this happen? The error message showed another file path, and the configuration file shows another file path. any reason?

Thank you and Best regards.
Sakun Edirisinghe

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

But the problem is, how could this happen?

It happens when the person that installs the IFS on the server does not know what that path is used for, and/or does not understand it needs to be created.

For technical reasons we need the path stored also inside the IFS database, which is why the paths can sometimes differ. Ideally the installer should update both, but an admin can override the one in the database.

The path should be the same in both places.