Skip to main content
Question

The Document Revision "1" is used by 1 rows in another object (EDM File)

• 10 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Trying to delete Document revision which is in Obsolete status, getting the following error message
The Document Revision "1" is used by 1 rows in another object (EDM File).

Normally we go to objects tab and remove the connections, in this case there is nothing to remove.

Any other ideas or thoughts?

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

@VirajW the EDM file means the file checked into this document. You need to delete that first. 

or instead of using the delete button on the page, you could delete document using the File operations\Delete Document command. this way you don't need to manually delete the files, objects connected to the document.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @VirajW 

I hope this reply finds you well.

mentioned document is attached is another window in IFS, first you Detech the document from window after that you can delete the document.

Zuhaib
IFS Consultant

https://www.linkedin.com/in/zuhaib-71698211b/

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @VirajW 

I hope this reply finds you well.

mentioned document is attached is another window in IFS, first you Detech the document from window after that you can delete the document

Thanks for trying to help, but the solution here is the one Dishmi mentioned. You don't need to detach anything in another window.

Badge +4

Thanks, guys for the suggestions.. Let me check with the user and get back to you!

Badge +4

Tried what @diwelk mention got the following info msg 

and return the same error when click Yes

Any other ideas?

@zuhaib any thoughts on how to find if this revision is attached to other screens in IFS?