Question

task control

• 26 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 107 replies

Ideally we want to write a custom event to control the tasks in IFS. we have created approval based on object connections. if the user is sending task to one of the approvers who is not his or her manager they can go ahead and approve it. ideally it should stop them.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi, thanks for posting here.

I am confused about if you are talking about tasks, the framework/platform feature, or the approval steps in an approval routing, or both. Can you elaborate?

What I can say now is that an approval step can only be approved by the person or the group that is assigned to it. That’s it. Additional restrictions, depending on what they are, might be possible to add using a custom event with a custom event action.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks @Mathias Dahl  , yes i meant it both ways. it is like two side of a coin. What i was saying was user x is using task (framework/platform feature) to send a  customer order for approval  to user y who is not his reporting Manager and  mr.y is approving it  using approval routing. Actually this order needs be to approved by user z  who is the actual manager of user x.  

i also need to know how would we be able to avoid editing of approval templates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for the update.

If I understand you correctly, it should not work like you describe it. Mr Y cannot approve an approval step that User Z should approve. Perhaps I misunderstand. A few screen shots might help sort things out.

As for your last question: access to editing the approval templates (the basic data) can be controlled by normal IFS security. Only grant edit access to admins. Perhaps I misunderstand this too and some screen shots will help here as well.

Thanks!