Solved

Slow network mode related to attached EDM files

• 9 December 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I have one user who regularly accesses the IEE screen “Project Management, Reporting, Supplier Invoices” (see pointer # 1 in attached PDF) and is met with a notification for “Slow network mode” as seen (pointer #2). If she clicks on the hyperlink (pointer #2), the message goes away, the question mark (pointer #3) turns into a number based on attachments and it shows the available attachments for this screen. She has no trouble accessing the attached document(s), but this seems like something is wrong within her user account and this is a nuisance. I have had her try this from another computer and she gets that same error. Furthermore, I have tried this as another user on the same workstation, and this user does not get the error and no one else has reported this issue!

Could this be a permissions problem?  Any other ideas on what to check?

icon

Best answer by ShawnBerk 9 December 2022, 19:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

It isn’t permissions, but it is that user account.

Go to the user profile (user icon in the upper right), then go to Properties - meaning the user has to do this logged in as themselves.

Look for the tick box for Operate with Slow Network connections on one of the tabs and untick the box.

Restart IFS and that problem should go away for her.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

That was the solution, but I wonder how that box was checked in the first place? This user does have particularly poor Internet, so is the IFS client “smart” enough to enable this feature based on connectivity and/or communication failures? Anyway, we are going to disable this option on her client “Options” and monitor it going forward. Thank you so much for sharing the solution! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I’ve had users select it thinking they were supposed to because of a slow connection, but then will swear they never touched it.  IFS isn’t smart enough to turn this on automatically, but I have had it happen twice with users in 8 years, so I always blame the user when it is that infrequent.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I would agree for some of our users, but in this case, I am more inclined to believe she was guided to this setting by someone else (consultant?), maybe in an attempt to correct some of the problems she was experiencing because of her slow connection. Since she changed Internet providers and does seem to be getting greater through-put, I had her turn off this setting and we will monitor for any other issues going forward.