Question

Schedule Quick report to check in to document management

• 3 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

We have a quick report that needs to be scheduled so it will be checked in to document management. We tried the document number field during scheduling of the quick report, but despite IFS documentation says that a new document revision will be created for the given document number, it doesn't seem to work as intended. 

Additionally, we tried using report rules for the scheduled quick report by archiving the quick report. The quick report gets archived with the “QUICK_REPORT_TEMPLATE_REP” report layout. We created a report rule for that layout and the report rule executes successfully when using the "Send Email" action. However, when trying to use "Check in to Document Management" action in report rules, it also didn't work as expected.

Report rule for Quick Report​​​​​​

On the other hand, the "Check in to Document Management" action has worked for other report layouts with the same parameters.

Is there a specific way we should schedule the quick report to ensure it gets properly checked in to document management? Since using the document number field in scheduling and the report rules didn't work, are there any other methods we can try to achieve our goal of check in the quick report to the document management system when it is scheduled?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I cannot say for sure since I don't work with our reporting framework, but I am guessing that archiving reports in Docman is only enabled for "real" reports. You can create an Idea here on IFS Community to get that changed, or try filing a support case to get that team to investigate if there is any bug here.

Good luck!