Skip to main content
Solved

Restricted Document Access

• 27 May 2024
  • 5 replies

In IFS Cloud 23R2,  I would like to control the document classes that an End User can see when they go in to Attach a New Document on the Purchase Orders screen.

However, they can see all the document classes to select from, I would like them to see only the Doc Class named PUR - Purchases.

The steps I have taken are  :

1.Ensures that this End User does not have the Permission Set DOCMAN_ADMINISTRATOR granted

2.On the Doc Class PUR on Doc Default Values, I have specified RESTRICTED_ACCESS to Y

3.On the Doc Class PUR Persons and Groups Tab, I have enabled at least 1 line for a Person who is not an End User

4.On the Doc Access template I have enabled a line specifying the User and set the Access to No Access and I have enabled a separate line for another User who needs access to this Doc Class.

Is there any other step I am missing for what I am trying to achieve ?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

In IFS Cloud 23R2,  I would like to control the document classes that an End User can see when they go in to Attach a New Document on the Purchase Orders screen.

However, they can see all the document classes to select from, I would like them to see only the Doc Class named PUR - Purchases.

1.Ensures that this End User does not have the Permission Set DOCMAN_ADMINISTRATOR granted

2.On the Doc Class PUR on Doc Default Values, I have specified RESTRICTED_ACCESS to Y

3.On the Doc Class PUR Persons and Groups Tab, I have enabled at least 1 line for a Person who is not an End User

4.On the Doc Access template I have enabled a line specifying the User and set the Access to No Access and I have enabled a separate line for another User who needs access to this Doc Class.

Use access template in doc basic window. gave limited access to end user and also define the access limit

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

“However, they can see all the document classes to select from, I would like them to see only the Doc Class named PUR - Purchases.” 

The above happens since rest of the Document Classes (Other than Doc Class PUR) have not been restricted with access. Hence any user will be open to see/access them a.

If you have many numbers of Doc Classes, it might be a hard job add to add access on all of them.

How about retrieving “Doc Class PUR” as the Default Class (fetch default into the assistant) when standing on a Purchase Order. Thia can easily be achieved by using, Document Defaults per Object settings. 

I hope this would help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

That will stop the uses from being able to create a document from classes they should not be able to create documents from, but I think we still list the classes in the LOV. Together with what Mayura suggests, you might get an acceptable solution.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Thanks all.

@Mathias Dahl -  I see that the classes will still appear in the LOV even though the access is restricted. 

@Mayura Wasantha -  thanks, that will be the way to go.

Cheers.

Antonio

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @AntonioInfoConsulting,

Some comments.

1. Note. The Restricted access flag on the Document Revision (set through Default values as you say) will only restrict to users with at least View access rights (either set through a Doc Access template [per Class] or set manually on the Access tab) being able to see/search the Document Revision record itself.
  2. The Persons and Groups tab is the way to go! :)  To make it work - i.e. removing a certain class from the Document Class LOVs - you will have to define the groups om that tab that should be able to see the class in the LOVs. All other users (not being members of those groups) will not be able to see that class (‘PUR’ in your case).
    This is applicable in both Attachments panel and the Create Document Assistant in 23R2.
  3. Note. The Access templates (set per Class) only sets access rights for a Document Revision (at the moment it is created).

/Erik