Solved

Repositories for document management

• 31 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

When setting up Repositories to shared network locations, can multiple Document Classes be stored in the same path?

Repositiory ID = CSC

Document Classes 1,2 & 3 all go to the same network folder path.

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 31 January 2022, 19:43

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

HI @dkjensen ,

We are using IFS Application 10 and we use document management with shared folders using UNC paths.  We can setup different repositories point to the same UNC path but we can not setup multiple document classes to use the same repository id.

This works

Ex:   Document Class:  30 and 31

Repository ID:  30 and 31 both setup as shared using the same UNC path.

This will give an error that EDM already exists.

Document Class: 30 and 31

Repository ID:  30 try pointing both document classes to the same repository id.

Having different repository id’s also makes sense in case you ever wish to move the documents.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

To add to what @william.klotz already wrote (yes, it works!), it also works FTP repos. But you need to duplicate all of the information on the repository line. For FTP you only need the username and password to be defined once though.

Badge +1

What is not clear to me is how to fill in the user id and password for a shared link.

For user I use domain\ifsservice (the service the apps are running in under Windows) and I have the correct password.

I’ve patched the EDM_LOCATION_TAB so that the is has become shared. If I try to open a file I get the following error.

Failed to read the file from the file system repository [\\file002\ifs8files\ifs8repos01\CRM\SM-1061365-1-A1-1.DOCX (Access is denied)]

Repository Line

Where IFS8SHARE1 has the domain\ifsservice information. The file location is correct and is accessible from the user domain\ifsservice.

What is the problem with this example. I have no problems with FTP,  but due to reasons it cannot be used anymore.

Badge +1

While checking everything again I’ve found the problem. The services were not using the correct account I expected it to be.

So now it working for the IFS itself. 

But IFS8 Sales & Marketing doesn’t like the share option? It gives an invalid location type. And there is not much documentation to support that share cannot be used, but that FTP is mandatory.

Is it possible to use sFTP? With a ppk file in IFS8?