Question

Report Rule - Check In To DocMan - Revision Management

• 12 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I would like to know in 23R1, if it is possible to manage document revisions in the report rules when using the action “check in to document management”.

Let me explain with the below example :

The customer order confirmation has been printed 6 times. Consequently, each print generated a document which is attached to the customer order.

We would like to have only one document even the print has been done many times. So each time a print is done, a new revision of the current document is created. By doing so, there will always be only one document attached to the customer order and this will be the latest released one which is available.

Thanks for your help

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Carole 

You might want to check below post which discusses the same thing.

Report Rules - Check In To Document Management | IFS Community

Basically, in order to do this, you need to give the document number property a value in report rule so that it will create new revisions to the given doc no instead of creating new documents. But the issue is this functionality does not work currently and R&D team is already looking into this.

BR,

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @Amila Samarasinghe ,

Thanks for taking time to answer to my question. 

What a pity about the dis-functionalization of this feature today. But I am confident that a positive outcome will be done by IFS to this issue in the near future 😊

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This should soon be fixed, we think.