Question

Problem with shared repository during writing a file.

• 14 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

When you try to save a file to the repository, the following message appears:

The repository is configured as follows:

address repository look so:

What is done wrong?

How should the user of the shared folder be configured correctly?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Do you happen to have a long password that contains separator or other non-letter and non-number characters? If so, can you try, temporarily, with a shorter one that has as few special characters as possible? We have seen that our "encryption" algorithm has problems saving some passwords correctly.

Badge +4

I use the minimum number of special characters that the domain requires in my password. Is there another way to deal with this problem? Is there any plans to improve the encryption algorithm in the near future?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

No plans, but it could be something we need to do as password requirements are getting more and more strict. The problem with changing the algorithm however is that existing ones might be invalid, if we are not careful.

How long are the passwords and what are the requirements in your case? I could experiment and see if I can do some recommendations to keep it within the limit of what the algo can handle…

And, by the way, the problem could be something else entirely too…

If you are willing to do so, you could send me an example password privately, once you changed it and I can have a look that way too,