Question

Print Quotation in Word format (editable)

• 19 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I need to be able to print the quotes in word format. 
In IFS standard, we can only print them in pdf format.
Is it possible to generate the quotation form in word format with all the required information?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Degottex,

This is not possible via print. As I have already had similar problems with my customers, I have shown them a solution via the CRM module and the mail merge function. This can be easily solved with a workaround. The attached instructions are unfortunately only in German, but I think you can easily translate them. Please note, however, that this can only be implemented in the IEE, as the mail merge function is not yet available in the cloud. I hope this helps you for your requirement.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Degottex 

as @MikeCH has already mentioned it isn’t possbile. If you use Adobe Acrobat pro then you can convert it in word or you can edit it directly in Adobe Acrobat.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

This can be done using document macros in Docman, to some extent. A document in Docman can be filled in with information from the document revision or document title, plus attributes from any connected objects. Our documentation on document macros contains an example that does this in Excel. Perhaps that can be used as a base for what you want to do.

Search this site for "macro" or "document macro" and you will find other discussions about document macros.

Good luck!