Question

Object Transformation for MWO

• 22 September 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

We would like to have a document attached to the Work Task Template transferred to the MWO service app when the Work Order is sent to an Engineer.

I believe we need to use Object Transformations but I have no idea how to create them.

Can someone please help?

Thanks, 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Bandula, any pointers? Does MWO use Object Connection Transformation?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Yes Mwo we use Object Connection Transformation. But In mwo app we bring documents connect to below Lus (Direct of by OCT) 

JtExecutionInstance,JtTaskStep,JtTask,EquipmentObject,ActiveSeparate

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks @Bandula 

So if they can create an Object Connection Transformation rule that "transforms" a document from the work task template to one of those LUs, then those documents would be seen in MWO?

I don't know this area well, but a work task template, in some way, is used to create work orders, work tasks and work task steps. Can we map attributes of any of those LUs to the keys on the work task template? It looks like the keys for the template are TaskTemplateId and TaskTemplateRev. Does the values for those exist on any of those LUs you mentioned? If yes, then it should be possible to create an Object Connection Transformation rules easily. If not, then a customization is needed because a PL/SQL method is needed to do the transformation.