Solved

Object Connection Transformation - One to Many

• 16 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

We have defined the follwoing Object Connection Transformation to have a packing slip originally attached to the PO receipt, also shown on the PO line.

We have the follwong scenarios also to be addressed. Can I do it through the Object Connection Transformations? 

If yes, how? 

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 16 August 2023, 14:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Is this Apps9?

As you have assigned a static value of 1 for RECEIPT_NO, you will see only the documents connected to receipt 1 on the PO Line.

I believe you can achieve what you want if you can develop a method to transform the source key RECEIPT_NO, as this key does not exist in the target PurchaseOrderLinePart.

From the documentation:

For some scenarios it is not possible to map the target and source columns due to the fact that the source columns are not included in the target database view. You then have two options which both require some programming work. You can either extend the target view with the necessary columns or create a stored function that makes the actual key transformation. The name of the function should in this case be registered as the transformation method. Note that it should also hold the package name, e.g. My_Package_API.My_Transformation. It needs to be defined as a function that returns a string value. It also requires two values in parameters (strings); the Target Key Reference and the Service Name (in that specific order).

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Creating an actual transformation method is also needed to support returning multiple records, something the subject of this post suggest that you want.

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Mathias Dahl Sorry the title could be misleading :) 

@matt.watters thank you. My technical colleague also today clarified that a Migration job might be of help here. 

Thanks both! 

Do you think this is a limitation in IFS Applications, say it works the other way around right? PO line > Purchase Receipt

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I suggest you review our documentation on this topic, it's quite detailed and should explain what can and cannot be done. If anything in there is unclear or seem to be missing, just ask here again. I cannot link to your documentation, so you need to open it and search for "object connection transformation".

In general though, if there is an easy mapping between the keys used in place A and B, that is easy to set up. If not, or if you need to see documents or media from multiple records in place B, you need to develop a PL/SQL method for doing the transformation.

A migration job might be able to help in copying attachments from place B to A, or the other way around, and using custom events we can do the same thing.

Good luck!