Solved

Media Attachments in 23R1

Badge +14

Hi All,

We are trying to attach Media attachments to the Functional Object page.

Object connection is already set up for EquipmentFunctional LU.

and I tried with the view  EQUIPMENT_FUNCTIONAL_UIV as well.

When trying to upload media items:

“Editable flag of Object Connection Transformation is None. New connections are not allowed.”

When trying to click on manage media:

“LU is not media aware.”

The user already has the permission set ‘MEDIA_LIBRARY’.

I would really appreciate it if anyone can give any suggestions on this, please.

Thank you in Advance.

icon

Best answer by Dilani 11 July 2023, 08:06

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

This is a valid validation when there are “Object Connection Transformation” rules with said Editable setting. Could you check the “Object Connection Transformation” rules setup for the “EquipmentFunctional LU.”? 

Badge +14

Hi @Mayura Wasantha 

Thank you for the quick response and yes, I can see that they are in active status.

Thank you.

Badge +14

Hi @Mayura Wasantha,

Would it be possible to know how to setup the rule to enable this media upload, please?

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Are there any OCT rules for the EquipmentObject LU?

Badge +14

Hi @Mathias Dahl , thank you for the response and yes there are active rules in OCT for EquipmentObject LU

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Mayura Wasantha 

Thank you for the quick response and yes, I can see that they are in active status.

Thank you.

Those 02 transformations are system defined ones and OK to have. Those cannot not trigger above said validation. Could you check whether it has additional transformation rules where ‘Equipment Functional’ is set as Source LU with Editable option set as ‘None’? 

For example, something similar to below, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mayura Wasantha In what screens do we use EquipmentObject, and why? I think we try to use EquipmentFunctional as much as we can, for functional objects.

Badge +14

Hi @Mayura Wasantha and @Mathias Dahl ,

I really appreciate your suggestions on this and ‘Editable’ has been set to none only for EquipmentObject (Target LU Name).

and I have edited the record and set it as ‘source’.

Then it allowed me to upload but got another validation message when I click on the ‘Upload’ button.

Is that okay if I deactivate this Object connection transformation? 

Kindly advise me.

Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Mayura Wasantha and @Mathias Dahl ,

I really appreciate your suggestions on this and ‘Editable’ has been set to none only for EquipmentObject (Target LU Name).

and I have edited the record and set it as ‘source’.

Then it allowed me to upload but got another validation message when I click on the ‘Upload’ button.

Is that okay if I deactivate this Object connection transformation? 

Kindly advise me.

Thank you.

It is possible to deactivate the object connection for “Equipment Object vs Service Model” as long as it is not in use. In this case, if you don't expect images from Service Model to be part of connected Equipment Objects, we can deactivate the rule. On the other hand, the safest would be set it as “Target” which should work too. 

I suggest you read through the below documentation for more details of the “Editable” functionality.

IFS Cloud Documentation

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@MitDenukN @Mathias Dahl @Mayura Wasantha 
Hi,
This transformation rule was introduced to support Service Object. That’s why it is directed against EquipmentObject rather than functional or serial. Issue with setting editable = None is a bug and it is already raised as an internal bug in 23R2 and will be set to editable = Target for 23R2.

Regards,

Dilani

Badge +14

Hi @Mayura Wasantha , @Mathias Dahl and @Dilani , 

I really appreciate all your suggestions and responses.

Thank you again!

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi All,

One of our customers are also observing the same issue (they are using 23R1 SU3) - they are unable to attach images to objects.
But we see no record created for EquipmentObject LU in the Object Connection Transformations screen & we see that ServiceModel LU is not available.

Do you recommend any solution for this scenario? Do we have a workaround to suggest to the customer? 

Best Regards,
Shani

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Shani Fernando Before you try to do the connection, enable Chrome’s Dev Tools and select the Network tab. Look for the call there that makes the connection and see what LU name it uses.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

I had the same issue, found this thread, and used the following solution:

In 23R1 U6 you can set the Editable column value from “None” value to “Target” in Object Connection Transformations. Then it will work (in my case).

Cheers,
Stephan