Question

Limitations for purchase order attachment

• 21 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
  • Do Gooder (Employee)
  • 2 replies

Is there a limitation in total or in single file size for attachments on purchase order?

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi olofj,

This post might be able to help you.

Best Regards,
Roshan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@olofj Is that enough for you? If you have any additional questions, ask them here, or in that other linked post. Also, it's always useful to learn a bit about the background to the question, if you have time. For example, are they planning to upload very large files, in the GB range or multiple GB range? Do they want to stop users uploading too large files (a not too uncommon question), etc. The more we know about the background, the better, always.

Badge +1

Hi

Yes they want to upload large files, drawings. To one PO could be up to 10 attached files. But I think it is less than 1 GB.

olof

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @olofj,

As per my knowledge there should not be any problem while attaching a 10 files to PO which is less than 1 GB.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Roshan

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Is this IFS Cloud or Apps 10?

While it should work, we have recently seen problems with uploading large files (I tested with a file of 600 MB). So, just a small warning that we have some issues right now. Again, it should work, and will work, once we found the cause of this problem.

Even if it works though, they should ask themselves: is it a good idea to upload many large files to Docman? Is the user experience good? Should they instead link to these documents, if they are also stored in some other location? It needs to be practical as well.

Badge +1

It is IFS Cloud. Thanks for the answers and the small warning of issue with large files today.