Question

Issue in Batch Transfer Handler While sending attachments in mail

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I have a scenario to send attachements through mail. I’m using Batch_Transfer_Handler_API.Download_From_Db method in code to read files. When I execute the code, I get following error.

Failed to read binary data from database: Entity instance not found. (DOCUMENT_FILE_DATA - DOC_CLASS=PROPOSAL, DOC_NO=1000014, DOC_SHEET=1, DOC_REV=A1, DOC_TYPE=VIEW, FILE_NO=1.0) 
Caused by: ifs.fnd.base.SystemException: Failed to read binary data from database: Entity instance not found. (DOCUMENT_FILE_DATA - DOC_CLASS=PROPOSAL, DOC_NO=1000014, DOC_SHEET=1, DOC_REV=A1, DOC_TYPE=VIEW, FILE_NO=1.0) 
Caused by: ifs.fnd.base.DatabaseException: Entity instance not found. (DOCUMENT_FILE_DATA - DOC_CLASS=PROPOSAL, DOC_NO=1000014, DOC_SHEET=1, DOC_REV=A1, DOC_TYPE=VIEW, FILE_NO=1.0)

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @Bharath_C 

Does it work when you try to view the document from the application? Also make sure it has a view file connected since you are trying to download the view file. Also check the file_no you are sending is correct.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Bharath_C Did you solve the problem? The error “Entity instance not found” always means that there is no record with those key values. Could it be that you need to use ORIGINAL instead of VIEW?