Solved

Is it possible to create and check in a document in a RMB in IEE

• 20 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi

Is it possible to create and check in a document in a RMB in IEE? The document should be created based on the document class template, and if possible have some information prefilled?

Therefore: 
Is it possible to create and check in a document in a RMB in IEE?
If yes 
Is it possible for the document to be base on a template?
If yes
Is it possible for information to be prefilled?

We have been considering this from the perspective of using PLSQL in a RMB, but we are also open to other solutions.

We are on IFSAPP 10.8

Best Regards 
Nicklas

icon

Best answer by Amila Samarasinghe 20 February 2023, 15:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @NicklasMadsen 

Please check below thread as it has some useful information regarding this.

Create new document with empty file | IFS Community

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

To add to what Amila linked to, and your last requirement: it's probably quite hard to "fill in" a document from PL/SQL. Plain text-based file formats would work, like text files, HTML files and XML-based files. Office documents are harder. Nowadays they are XML-based files, but they are zipped, which adds to the complexity. If you can find a way to decompress a template Word file, let's say, and keep that someplace, then update the right places in the XML, then compress it again, it might be possible. I think that's probably hard to do in PL/SQL in Oracle. You could use Java in Oracle to do it, for sure, but that might break some license agreement (IFS sell Oracle licenses under certain restrictions, and this could be one of them, but I'm just guessing now.)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

@Amila Samarasinghe 

Great answer. That link was just what i was looking for, but couldnt find when searching the forum

Best Regards
Nicklas