Question

IFS10 UPD19 problems with "Send document File by e-mail"

• 6 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

after update to UPD19 we are not able to use command “Send document by e-mail” from Document Revisions.

Some users get this error message

Other users does not get this error message, but nothing happens when we are expecting to have a new email message with link.

Does anyone have any experience with this

3 replies

Badge +2

Hi

Please check that outlook is the default program for emails.

In windows search for default apps. Open it and under Email Outlook should be listed. If another program is listed or none at all, please try to set Outlook as default and try again. Please restart IFS client. 

Badge +2

Thank you Bjørnar,

this has been checked and outlook is the default program for emails but problem still persists.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I have a hard time believing that it's the update that caused this (and if it's the update, then all users should have the problem), but I cannot say for sure, of course. Did you happen to upgrade Outlook from 32 bit to 64 bit at the same time?

I think this is the first time I have heard about these problems in IEE. We had some issues in IFS Cloud, due to the different nature of the technical solution, but that's soon fixed. It had to do with 32 vs 64 bit Outlook, which is why I asked about that.

This one might be a hard one for us to help you with I'm afraid.

If you try to, say, send a Word document by e-mail from within Word itself, on the PCs where it fails, does it work then? It might not be using the same things under the covers, but it's worth trying and, if there is a problem, the internet might have the solution...