Question

IFS upgrade scripts

• 21 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hello guys,

I’m trying to upgrade Apps8 database objects to Apps10 UPD8 using the build provided by IFS and getting this kind of errors from the installer at the very early stage after deployment process started. It’s kind of unusual that these errors say ‘component 'INSTALLED'’ I know that this is checking the availability of the dependencies before hand but if I check the static dependency components for partca are currently present in the database and available in the new build home as well. 

!!!Error deploying file partca\PartSerialCatalog.apy at 21-OCT-20 04:44:48 !!!PACKAGE BODY PART_SERIAL_CATALOG_API created with compilation errors PLS-00302: component 'INSTALLED' must be declared error at line no :13635 PL/SQL: Statement ignored error at line no :13634 PLS-00174: a static boolean expression must be used error at line no :13635

!!!Error deploying file docman\ApprovalRouting.apy at 21-OCT-20 04:44:54 !!!PACKAGE BODY APPROVAL_ROUTING_API created with compilation errors PLS-00302: component 'INSTALLED' must be declared error at line no :3176 PL/SQL: Statement ignored error at line no :3175 PLS-00174: a static boolean expression must be used error at line no :3176

My oracle database is upgraded successfully to 19c without any errors and all prerequisites are completed before starting DB objects deployment. has anyone faced this type of error before?

TIA!

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @Ruchira , 

Are there any customizations using in Apps8? 

Thanks,
Kalana

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Kalana Rathnayake ,

It was an issue with the build home provided and they created a new build home and deployment issues weren’t there.

Thanks for the reply