Skip to main content
Question

IFS Digital signature

• 3 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi,

We are looking to use digital signatures on our purchase orders.

We would have a need to get our suppliers to sign of the purchase orders.

I read that Adobe sign is available from 23R2 but only for hosted IFS customers. Am I correct?

We are not hosted, in that case, is our best option digital signature from the keystore?

Have other companies integrated a third party software?

Many thanks,

Kind Regards,

Anne-Sophie

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

@amackenzie you are right. At the moment the eSign feature is available for hosted IFS customer.

I am aware that an IFS partner (Innex) built something similar and I think their solution could be deployed for remote IFS Cloud installations. Maybe @JohannesKnust would have more details on what they’ve built at Innex.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear @Marcel.Ausan 

thanks for the mention!

we finished our solution and it’s ready to use with some more advantages as IFS offers. 

A German webinar is in a few days: 

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/innex-gmbh_nxsign-activity-7197128738197712898-Xn44

@amackenzie our solution is „backwards compatible“ from apps 10 upwards. 

interested? Get in touch :  Toni.Simon@innex.net & Johannes.knust@innex.net 

Badge +1

Our solution will not only focus on digital signatur of dedicated customer wanted documents, and push them back into IFS to the related business object after been signed, like purchase order as asked before.
But also sending out specific documents, like BOMs, technical drawings, etc, - even what’s needed to support the business process utmost possible. This process is highly configurable towards different situation such as in some cases same Document ID shall be sent to Customer A but not to a Supplier, etc. for example.

And of course this document dispatch process to external business partner like supplier, customer etc. follows cyber security issues as our modification is not just attaching those documents to an outbound email.

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Our solution will not only focus on digital signatur of dedicated customer wanted documents, and push them back into IFS to the related business object after been signed, like purchase order as asked before.
But also sending out specific documents, like BOMs, technical drawings, etc, - even what’s needed to support the business process utmost possible. This process is highly configurable towards different situation such as in some cases same Document ID shall be sent to Customer A but not to a Supplier, etc. for example.

And of course this document dispatch process to external business partner like supplier, customer etc. follows cyber security issues as our modification is not just attaching those documents to an outbound email.

Regardless of the source in IFS and how the sending is triggered, do all documents need a person to interactively sign the document file? Then our Adobe integration could be made to support that as well in the future, possibly also today with workflows.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @Mathias Dahl 
thanks for your comment :) Of course every software product can be adjusted to specific needs in the future. We have listened to our customers and have a solution in place. For more details we are offering Webinars to get in touch. Thanks again for reaching out. I’m happy to see how IFS envolves next. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Mathias Dahl 
thanks for your comment :) Of course every software product can be adjusted to specific needs in the future. We have listened to our customers and have a solution in place. For more details we are offering Webinars to get in touch. Thanks again for reaching out. I’m happy to see how IFS envolves next. 

I had a question, actually, and would like to hear your thoughts about it.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hi @amackenzie 

I hope this reply finds you well.

Yes, you can I am already done digital signature on PDF file.  I will help out you remotely how to add digital signature.

Zuhaib
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/