Skip to main content
Question

How to delete EDM file repositories under IFS Apps 10

• 11 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello, I am attempting some cleanup and reorganization of our Electronic Document Management (EDM) within our IFS Apps 10 installation. Over the course of our adoption of EDM, we were not consistent with naming or creation of our repositories and this is what I would like to correct. There appears to be no way to “rename” a repository, so what I have tried is to create a “temp” repository, transfer all files into this repository, then create a repository with consistent naming and setup and transfer the documents back. This seemed to work fine (except for one “missing” document which I cannot explain), but I am unable to delete the original repository. I was able to delete the temp repository, but the original repository is “being used in two (2) rows by another object”. Any idea how these object connections can be pointed to the new repository? 

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

If you have access to the database, which I think you have, it's all about changing the LocationName attribute of the EdmFile entity. You probably have two records there that still uses the repository you want to remove.