FTP - Move documents

• 22 January 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Customer)
  • 22 replies

Hi,

We currently have an issue with one of our FTP servers that we use for DOCMAN so I moved all repositories to the other FTP server we use..

I’ve moved all the existing files to the new FTP and created new repository, but now we still can’t view the existing documents so I’m assuming IFS is still looking at the ‘old’ location. Do I need to run the ‘Change Document Repository’ utility so IFS will look at the new location?

Thanks,

Mick.

icon

Best answer by durette 12 February 2021, 23:16

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

OK tried using Change Document Repository but it failed because it can’t ‘see’ the old FTP server…

is there anyway to change the location of existing docman objects?

Thanks,

MIck.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

The IFS documents are linked to their respective repositories, but both the documents and their repositories are logical things purely in the database.

If you change the repository address and path under EDM Basic, then that should re-point IFS to look in the other home for any files in that repository. Each document doesn’t know or care where it’s stored physically; the system does the lookup against EDM Basic to know that.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

The IFS documents are linked to their respective repositories, but both the documents and their repositories are logical things purely in the database.

If you change the repository address and path under EDM Basic, then that should re-point IFS to look in the other home for any files in that repository. Each document doesn’t know or care where it’s stored physically; the system does the lookup against EDM Basic to know that.

Thanks! I could not have said it better myself :-) When it comes to the Path though, I think it is also saved on the file reference itself (in EDM_FILE_TAB). So keep that in mind in case you also change the Path on the repository itself.