Question

Failed to upload file to Ftp server [User cannot log in, home directory inaccessible.]

• 28 February 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Has anyone seen this before?

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Garry,

It sounds like something is wrong with the setup of the document repository under EDM Basic / Repositories. Can you share some screenshots of the setup? Perhaps there is no Path set, and there should be, or the Path is wrong. Or something is wrong at the FTP server side. We need more information to help you out at any rate.

Thanks!

/Mathias

Badge +2

Hi Matthias,

Thanks for the reply - i think you are correct and it could be something is wrong on the FTP server side.

It only seems to be affecting users with a specific group id EAS - screen shots below as requested

ftp issue message

seems to only affect
group EAS 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshots. Could you show a screenshot of the EDM Basic/Repositories screen?

The end users should not have an impact on this, since it is not their credentials that are used when logging in to the FTP server. The document class can affect things, depending on if the document class has a repository of it's own or not.

/Mathias

Badge +2

Hi Matthias,

Below is a screen shot of the repositories screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!

Thoughts and questions:

• Try to be consistent in the naming of the path in the Path field. This is probably a FTP server on Windows that you are using. If it were on Linux, some of the repositories since the “ifs-docs” folder has several different versions of uppercase and lowercase letters.
  • Does upload work for any repository using the FTP server on the machine with the IP address 10.224.80.17?
  • Does the folder name after “ifs-docs” exist? (EASDOCS, EASINV, etc.)?

Badge +2

Hi Matthias,

I am going to ask network to reboot the server 10.224.80.17 - i think the issues is with connecting to this server. I’ll let you know if a reboot works.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Let’s hope that helps. I would not think that it should help given what the error says, but you never know with software :)