Question

Event Action for STEP_READY_FOR_APPROVAL

• 13 November 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I am trying to set up an Event Action for STEP_READY_FOR_APPROVAL. Email notification when a new Document or CR/CO is routed for approval. Approvers should receive an email notification when the item is ready for the approver to approve based on the approval step per the approval template. 

I am having difficulties with this and any help with be very appreciated. 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @orivera ,

Could you elaborate on the difficulties you are having with the event?

Regards,

William Klotz

Badge +1

@william.klotz Thanks for replying, I created the event, not sure if it was created correctly but  When approval starts, emails are not getting generated. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

@orivera could you check in Application Messages if there’s any application message generated for this? Normally all event actions that are supposed to send emails will create an application message. Maybe there’s an error in the application message.

Also, you might wanna try to put the user identity in the TO field → the framework should know how to get the email address from the user.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

FYI, in an old event action template we ship for sending e-mail notifications on approval steps, we use RECEIVER in the To field.

Badge +1

Thank you @Marcel.Ausan and @Mathias Dahl 

I will check the Application Messages and update the To Field with the RECEIVER  and see if that resolves the issue. will let you know.

Thank you!