Solved

Document Revision Aurena Drag and Drop Option

• 17 December 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Please let me know how to enable Drag and Drop option to trigger “Create Documents” screen in “IFS Cloud 21R2”?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 20 December 2021, 08:59

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi Ruwani,
Cant you see the below drag and drop area in your Create Documents window?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Kelum,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry if I was not clear. We  need to have pop up of “Create Documents” window in “Document Revision” window. In IEE if we drag and drop a doc to “Document Revision” it automatically pops up “Create Documents” . Customer wants the same feature.

Kind Regards,

Ruwani

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

The drag and drop feature in Aurena is currently only available when we ask the user to select a file. We cannot therefore enable drag and drop on top of any page, like we could in IEE.

You could create an enhancement request/idea on the Aurena client framework to have such a feature added if you like. If and when drag and drop is possible on any part of a page, we could look into using that from IFS Document Management.

A quick way to create a new document from the Document Revision screen is this:

1. Press . (period) on your keyboard to open the command menu
2. Enter n d (an "n", then a space, then a "d") on the keyboard to find the New Document command, then press Enter. You can type more letters too of course ("new" for example)
3. In the first step of the assistant that opens up, you can drag and drop a file.

Good luck!

/Mathias

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Mathias,

Thank you for your help. Unfortunately customer has built the customization on the document revision window when they drag and drop IEE. 

I will request to create an enhancement request as you have indicated.

Thanks again :)

Kind Regards,

Ruwani

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

What does the customization do? If I were to guess, it’s better that they rethink what they have today than to wait for the drag and drop support I mentioned.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Mathias,

Thank you it was possible to solve the issue with help from your information.

Earlier they had drag and drop option but now we suggested to use “Upload Document “ option.

Kind Regards,

Ruwani

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks for reporting back!