Question

Document Management Restriction Possibility

• 28 July 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Is there a way to restrict the drop down so that the only document class that can be selected is the document class with xxxIT? This would be only for our 457IT site and not the other sites.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @SILSCONNOR,

Unfortunately, that is still not possible at the moment. But there is something that comes reasonably close. Here about Doc Class management (see also here the similar post):

See also here the similar post here in the community.

Regards, Mike

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

You can also install a custom event that stops documents from certain classes to be created från certain users.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

Thank you for your input. Yes, that is possible, but it only takes effect after I have selected something that I am not allowed to. Because the selection list then remains with all Doc Class. And that makes it unfortunately not user-friendly. I hope that there will be something in the standard, because I hear this request again and again. Thanks for your support.

Regards, Mike

Badge +4

Thank you both for the input. I will bring the above to the team to see if they would like to try the above or if we will leave it as is until this gets added in the future (hopefully) :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thank you both for the input. I will bring the above to the team to see if they would like to try the above or if we will leave it as is until this gets added in the future (hopefully) :)

If you want to increase the changes for this being added, you should create an idea in the Ideas section here on IFS Community. Then it will be considered for implementation in a later release.