Question

Document Management - error

• 12 October 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

When trying to create a Document, or upload an existing one it’s giving me a generic error:
“Group Id, Person Id or Object Id must have a value”. I have checked Person group exists for that Document Class which has a object connection as well. What am I missing here?

Many thanks!

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @pedro.huesca 

To which page are you trying to attach a document here? Also does it work for other pages?

Thanks

Badge +2

Hi @Amila Samarasinghe ,

I am trying to create a Document under Document Management>My Documents>Upload Document but it doesn’t matter which page I am in, it always gives me the same error when trying to connect a document to objects.

I suspect is something to do with the setting up what I am missing.

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Do you have any custom events with event actions in this area, or any modifications? If not, this sounds like a bug and you should report it.

Badge +2

Hi @Mathias Dahl,

I don’t have any custome events either. I will report it as a bug.

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Great! Be prepared for that the support people probably need access to your environment, or a copy of it. What you experience is a really severe issue, since you cannot create documents. This is something that we are testing everyday so if this is a bug it's something really special, perhaps related to some special data. Or perhaps some permission is missing (even if that normally give other errors), or the system hasn't been installed properly.

I'm sure they will help you figure it out. Good luck!