Solved

Document file template

• 15 February 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello,

I would like to create a document template in order to create others documents cloned from this template.

I try to use the function “Document File Template” in Document Mnagement → Basic Data → EDM Basic. And I could create a template in a doc class, but I dont know know to use this template. Could you help me, please ?

icon

Best answer by matt.watters 15 February 2022, 18:25

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Here I have defined a document revision (doc no 1200450) in Doc Class TEMP as the template document for class MW-TRAIN. This document revision will be used as the template when I create a document in class MW-TRAIN with Language Code = en and for any Format (represented by ‘*’).

There are more methods to create documents, but let’s cover these two.

Create Document Assistant

Here I am registering a new document in class MW-TRAIN. With the checkboxes ticked for New File and Open File, when I finish the assistant IFS will create a new file using the template document 1200450 as the source and open the file in the related application.

Register Document Revision then Create File

In the Document Revision page, I have created a header without a file. When I select the Edit button, IFS will create a new file using the template document 1200450 as the source and open the file in the related application.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@matt.watters Hello Matt,

Thank you so much for your quick response !

This time it works !!!

If I want the system to use the template automatically, I should choose the same language ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If I want the system to use the template automatically, I should choose the same language ?

The document class, format, and language are all used to determine which file template to be used. (the reason is that you might want different file templates depending on the language and format.) Class is of course not optional to use on a document, but I think you don’t need to use language or format on the document in order to use templates.

Great that you got it to work!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The document class, format, and language are all used to determine which file template to be used. (the reason is that you might want different file templates depending on the language and format.) Class is of course not optional to use on a document, but I think you don’t need to use language or format on the document in order to use templates.

Great that you got it to work!

Thanks a lot ! I got it !