Question

DOCMAN - Multiple Digital Signatures

• 3 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hello,

I was able to sign the pdf document by approving the document via IFS CLOUD 23R1. I used self signed created within IFS in Keystores. I need to send the document to an employee by email and then let him sign on it. Is this a possible functionality?

I tried to sign on the downloaded pdf using adobe to emulate above scenario. But I was not able to sign on it. Is it because it is already digitally signed?

Or could it be related to keystores? Earlier I got an error saying it is not valid but then I used a valid certificate and could get rid of that error. But still signing was not available to me. I also tried to save a copy and sign, did not work.

Also, after go-live should I replace certificate in the keystore with one that is issued by a trusted CA and has a chain to a Root CA? My major concern is how to enable employee to sign on this document?

@Mathias Dahl  Appreciate if you could share your thoughts. Thanks in advance!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

Firstly, I'm impressed you got that to work at all 🙂 The thing is that this support is lacking right now, because of a limitation in IFS Connect. So, and you probably know this, you cannot have per-user certificates used for signing right now, you can only sign with the certificate connected to the IFS Connect user.

At any rate, about this:

I was able to sign the pdf document by approving the document via IFS CLOUD 23R1. I used self signed created within IFS in Keystores. I need to send the document to an employee by email and then let him sign on it. Is this a possible functionality?

I tried to sign on the downloaded pdf using adobe to emulate above scenario. But I was not able to sign on it. Is it because it is already digitally signed?

When you add a signature to a PDF file, you have the option to close it for further signatures. That's called "certify", and you can read about it here:

https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/23r1/070_remote_deploy/400_installation_options/130_add-on_cmp/docman/digital_signatures/#sign_vs_certify

Could it be that you did that and it is what stops the user from signing it too?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @Mathias Dahl

Do you know if/when the restriction in IFS Connect will be sorted? We do have some interest for it internally, are most likely not going live before 24R1 or 24R2 are released. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I don't know, sorry. We have another solution in progress though, integrating with a third party esign provider. 

What's your exact use case?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I don't know, sorry. We have another solution in progress though, integrating with a third party esign provider. 

@Mathias Dahl , when will this new functionality of integrating with a 3rd party eSign provider be available?

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@Mathias Dahl , when will this new functionality of integrating with a 3rd party eSign provider be available?

Perhaps you can tell us now 🙂 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Perhaps you can tell us now 🙂 

This can now be found in 23R2 with the new E-Signature integration.  Thanks @Mathias Dahl