Question

docman - document basic -- approval template

• 11 September 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Hello everyone,i have a question? I made a definition from the approval template.I chose the approval template that I defined in the approval process. After selecting the approval template, I cannot see which template I selected during the approval process. Is it possible for me to see the template during the approval process? Or can I learn it with the function?I would like to explain my question with an example. Template 999 has been created in the approval template(image1).I then chose the approval template 999 during the approval process(image2). I can't see that I selected 999 approval templates in the approval process.

Best regards 

Mervan 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

You can see the Approval Template selected from the document revision

This is a RMB click from the approval step to view.

You can’t add a custom field to this Attachment window and the Approval Template doesn’t appear as a choice in the list.  

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@ShawnBerk ,Thank you for your answer.

It appears in document revisions. My question is for approval templates added in normal screens.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@ShawnBerk ,Thank you for your answer.

It appears in document revisions. My question is for approval templates added in normal screens.

We don't record that information, sorry. What do you need it for?

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

@Mathias Dahl 

There is project information on the screen, but this information is not available during the approval process. If this information is available during the approval process, I think that comparison can be made and audited. 

The user selects a different project approval.  So the user cannot select the wrong confirmation template. He can only select the approval template of the project on the screen.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Okay, I think I have some understanding now. I think there is no really good way to do what you want, but one thing you could think about would be to keep some kind of "ID" as part of description on each approval step, for a given approval template. Then, if a user selects a wrong template, a custom event can make sure that lines from the wrong template cannot be saved against that object.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi, You can create a Custom Event to attach this approval template in any functional window.  I have a instruction document in this topics. If you can share your e-mail, I can forward it to you

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi, You can create a Custom Event to attach this approval template in any functional window.  I have a instruction document in this topics. If you can share your e-mail, I can forward it to you

How about sharing it even here? :-) I am sure others would be curious too.

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Please check this. I hope this will be helpful

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!