Solved

DocMan - Document Access Issues

• 1 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hello Community,

I aim for users to use DocMan actively. But there are some questions and problems that I can't find the answer to. I will try to explain them to you step by step and with screenshots. If it is not clear, please write to me.

I have a document as you can see in ss-01. There is a pdf file reference to it. And it's connected to a parts catalog object. In ss-02, the document class default values.

For PDM-001 document class;
1- All users can view this document. Let it download the linked file.
2- You cannot make any changes other than viewing and downloading.
3- Nobody can do the object connect detach process if it is not authorized. (Lock/Unlock) 

End user;
It can only add it to the document class for which it is authorized and change its own document.

Another question I have is:
A document class can only bind to allowed objects. E.g; The PDM-001 document class can only be connect to the part catalog object. (I think it should be the default without adding db trigger)

I would be very grateful if you could answer my questions and problems. Thanks..

SS:

ss-01 | ss-02 | ss-03 | ss-04 | ss-05

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 5 June 2023, 17:14

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Attachements (screenshots):

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @baris.halici ,

I cannot see your 2 attachments, so not sure if I can help.

If you check teh document class PDM-001, you can define the access on it.

This will be the access about viewing, editing and or changing statusses on a document revision.

I am not aware of locking or unlocking the document connection by default based on the document class. Hopefully there is someone who can help you out on this topic.

Can you let me know what the question really is and how you want to setup the document access?

Normally you will set up this via the template (screenshot of IFS10):

Please be aware that this can be overuled based on the user access. When a user is assigned to the (via an end user or a functional role) to the following system privilege, the user has always administrartor access. 

This role is normally used for application managemant in an organization, not for end users.

Hope this help,

Robert

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

​​​@baris.halici  

3- Nobody can do the object connect detach process if it is not authorized. (Lock/Unlock) 

In Apps 10, the default value of the Connection Status can be controlled per object type when a document is created on an object, but this cannot be done in Apps 9.

You can achieve this by using a custom event that locks a document object connection after it has been added.

A document class can only bind to allowed objects. E.g; The PDM-001 document class can only be connect to the part catalog object. (I think it should be the default without adding db trigger)

In Apps 10 you can provide a default document class when a new document is created to a part catalog. In Apps 9 you have to add a custom event to stop users from connecting that class to other object types.

Good luck!

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@EqeRobertK @Mathias Dahl 

Thank you for the explanations and informations.