Question

DocMan - diacritic file name - ERROR - "Invalid file name"

• 1 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hello,

yesterday after power outage(restart all servers) we are not able to attach document to any IFS object (CustomerOrder, PurchaseOrder) that has diacritic in filename (NabídkaMŠ.pdf). We are not able even open(see) the documents, that have been already saved in IFS before (for example 3 weeks ago) and have diacritic filenames. 

The documents without diacritic we can attach and see in IFS.

Very strange behaviour.

Any help please?

Jan West

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Are you 100% sure these files worked before and now does not? Can you provide screenshot of the steps you take? It's not clear exactly what you do and how it looks when you get the error.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, 

thanks for your reply.

yes I am pretty suer. you can even see the diacritic files in IFS and cannot be opened now.

Here you can see the file already inserted:

Here is the error after trying to attach new pdf to PO:

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

For your information, this screenshot does not show there are files with these characters in the file name, it only shows there is a document with these characters in the title (sometimes the file name also had these characters, but not always):

Go to the Document Revision screen, and the File Refs tab there and check the real file name:

Just to make sure this works at all, I just attached a file named NabídkaMŠ.pdf and it worked here:

I can also view the document.

So, not sure why it does not work for you and how this could have changed after the power outage.

Is this Apps 9 or Apps 10?

You could try to file a support case so that someone could have a closer look at the code, trying to guess why it fails for you, but not for us.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi, 

thanks a lot for the analysis. We have Apps10.