Question

Default Document Text by Supplier

• 2 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

What is the missing link to have Document Text default on every purchase order created to a select supplier?

According to Online Documentation, adding a Document Text on the Supplier Misc Supplier Info tab will populate on any purchase order created.

Excerpt from: Enter Miscellaneous Supplier Info

• A document text with a suitable output type that has been linked to the supplier will be transferred as the default value to any of the supplier's subsequent purchase orders. Output types, phrases, and document phrases are all managed in the Document Text Administration window.

Our output type PONOTE0000 is applicable for Purchase Order per Document Text Administration setup.

The Document Text was added to the Supplier.

But it does not populate on subsequent purchase orders.   

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Have you checked your PO Report to make sure the Document Text is enabled to appear on the report?  It could be the report layout doesn’t include that field out of the box.

Badge +2

Yes.  We can add Document Text manually on purchase order report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

As far as I can tell, that is the same way we have ours setup.  As long as the document text type is the same one used on the report, it should pull through to the report itself.

I assume it is the same document text type in both places, if so, I can’t think of another reason it would appear manually, but not pull through from the supplier.

Badge +2

You at least have confirmed that it is supposed to work as a default.  It is the same Document Text output type on the supplier as one that can be added manually.  Thanks for sticking with me on this but looks like we have something else causing it not to work.