Solved

Connect One Object to Multiple Existing Document Revisions

• 16 February 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Version 22.1.1

Is there any method to connect multiple existing document revisions to one business object at the same time?

Example: At the Change Request, using the Attach Existing command, can a User find and select multiple records? Or is this a one-by-one process?

icon

Best answer by Mathias Dahl 19 February 2023, 13:15

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi Matt,

Yes, This is possible. Tested in 22R2
From Document Revisions page, you can select multiple doc revisions and use connect to An Object option

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@matt.watters 

If you also would like to be able to do this from Attachments / Documents, I suggest you file an idea request here on Community. The more details on the underlying requirements and uses case, the better.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hi Matt,

Yes, This is possible. Tested in 22R2
From Document Revisions page, you can select multiple doc revisions and use connect to An Object option

The inverse behavior is desired as that is how things worked in pre-Aurena instances. From a business object such as a change request, users could attach multiple doc revisions to the change request without leaving the change request form.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

In Cloud, we have the ability to find documents to connect to the object, but the inability to select multiple objects in the assistant is the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

In Cloud, we have the ability to find documents to connect to the object, but the inability to select multiple objects in the assistant is the issue.

I suggest you file an Idea on that such that we can have a look at it. It might not be very hard to implement and I think it would bring value to many customers.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@matt.watters

If you also would like to be able to do this from Attachments / Documents, I suggest you file an idea request here on Community. The more details on the underlying requirements and uses case, the better.

Idea link:

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Thanks!