Question

Aurena - Register Arrival > Receipt Attachment

• 3 January 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi,

Posted this as a comment - but the thread was dormant - and also getting cross-responses so though would try afresh. 

We are using Apps 10 - Update 12 - Aurena client and attempting to attach a document at Register Arrivals screen which should go though to the Purchase Receipt. It is not working for us. From what I can see it should not need to Doc Obj Transformation as they (Register Arrivals and Receipt) are both part of the same (ReceiptInfo) LU.

It does not display - even if you click on the link in the Doc Revision.

The link seems to be taking to ‘SOURCE_REF1=P414334^SOURCE_REF2=1^SOURCE_REF3=1^SOURCE_REF_TYPE_DB=PURCHASE_ORDER^’

Is this passing incorrect information.

We are due to take UPD16 shortly - could this have been fixed?

Or any thoughts on what to check / config?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Matthew ,

I do not have UPD12, but I checked this in UPD13 and there it works fine.

So hopefully it is solved in UPD16 for you.

The difference is that the Obhject Key is set to the RECEIPT_SEQUENCE and not to the SOURCE_REF’s

Did you test this via the IEE client as well?

Good luck,

Robert 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hmmmm….doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I’ve attached some screen-shots / details if anyone fancies giving it the once over.

In Aurena they are both the same LU so didn't think would need a transformation (added one between PurchaseReceipt & ReceiptInfo for good measure

Only looking to do it Aurena - as the Warehouse may use devices to add images.

Thanks as always

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Matthew ,

I see now that ytou have attached the document in the register arrival window in Aurena. I guess this is not the correct window to do this, in IEE this is not even possible. I see that the Logical unit is ReceiptInfo, which assumes that that is the correct LU, but the object key is not fetched correct (because the receipt sequence is not know yet).

Not sure what the correct soluition should be, but I think you should change the internal procedure and attach the documents to the Receipt window. Then I am sure it will work. 

Hi @Mathias Dahl , this sound like a bug to me, do you agree? What is your idea on teh solution on this?

I have heard the question before to connect a document at the reciept of a Purchase Order, but the window Register Arrival is not sufficient to do so.

Thanks,

Robert

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi - I have been advised by Support (this morning) that it is a bug they are aware of and will be fixed in UPD19, or we could have separately.

It is passing order details and not the recept seq thought.

Once we have a patched system - I’ll then be able top see if we can achieve this going though to Purchase Receipt (should be standard) but then also replicating to other lines receipted at the same time (I have a cunning plan, but new to Aurena)

Attaching to Receipt window would mean extra would for warehouse staff - and also extra chances of Human Error.

Thanks for help and assistance

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

If adding a transformation rule does not work, it's always possible to duplicate a document attachment using a custom event and event action. How to do that is left as an exercise for the reader 🙃

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks - we will wait for the bug fix to be applied, then take it from there.

I generally try to avoid doing work to fix a system where they have identified something will be patched. As it will make install of the next cumulative update harder.

My event / action that is needed will be designed in the patched system.

Thanks all for your comments / assistance.