Question

Attachments

• 2 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Are there any plans to allow attachments to be drug in from Microsoft email?  Currently you have to drag to your desktop/temp folder and then drag into IFS.  This would cut out a step.

Thank You

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi,

It's possible to drag and drop an e-mail directly from Outlook to the drag and drop area in Aurena:

https://ifs-my.sharepoint.com/:v:/g/personal/mathias_dahl_ifs_com/EYYai7LVOQVClFe5qUsP0m4BuLpATaVWheuhL1L2YCM7xQ?e=pjgpnO

It's not exactly what you want, but perhaps it close enough.

For IEE, you still have to use the workaround you mentioned. Or install IFS Document Management Office Add-In. It's also not the same thing you ask for but yet another way of getting an e-mail into IFS.

Good luck!

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thanks @Mathias Dahl for the feedback.  We are on IEE so this will not apply.  Potentially we will move to the cloud in the next couple of years so it will benefit us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

@JStack 

Did you check out the Office Add-In for Docman? It works in Outlook too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @JStack ,

We use the Microsoft Office Document Management add-on which @Mathias Dahl is recommending and our users prefer it because they are able to either add just the attachments in the email to IFS document management or they can add the entire email itself and preserve the email discussion and documents in IFS document management.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

A disadvantage however is that you need to manually connect the imported document to your business object.

Badge

HI @Mathias Dahl , can you please direct me to where I can download and install the MS Office Doc Management add-on?

Thank you

Michael

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

You should find the installation in the add-ons page in the "landing page" of your IFS installation.