Solved

Attach a Document to multiple Logical Units/Objects

• 2 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We are in Apps 10 UPD 10.  Our Accounts payable team is currently manually attaching a document with Document class ‘Payment’ to the Manual Supplier Invoice screen for a Supplier / Invoice, so they have a copy of the supplier invoice to refer to on that screen. They would like the same document to also be attached (automatically if possible) to the Supplier Invoices Analysis screen for that Supplier / Invoice.

I thought this was done via Document Object Connection or Object Connection Transformation but I have not figured out how. 

Hint please? 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by william.klotz 2 September 2021, 18:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @KLAVALLEY ,

Object Connection Transformation is the correct area to configure this functionality.

We are running IFS Application 10 Update 8 and we attach documents to the Manual Supplier Invoice screen.  Our accounting department first clicks inside the PO Ref field then attaches the document to the screen.   If I go to the Supplier Invoice Analysis screen and search by PO Reference for the same PO # as long as I click on the line with the same Invoice No I see the same attachment at the bottom of the screen under attachments.

Below is the only entry in our Object Connection Transformation with the LU of either Manual Supplier Invoice or Supplier Invoice Analysis.  

If you have to define an object connection transformation you would need to link LU ManSuppInvoice with LU IncomingInvoice.  I think you’d want to link COMPANY, INVOICE_ID at minimum.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Thank you! trying it now!

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

I want to encourage everyone that are interesting in this to:

1. Read the documentation on Object Connection Transformation, at least twice. Slowly :) Yes, the documentation is quite dense/detailed...

2. Go to step 1, one time more, then go to step 3.

3. Once you have an idea on the concept (especially what is Target and what is Source), have a look at all the existing rules available in any IFS installation.

4. Profit! :)