Question

Approvals appearing with no object information - Apps 8

• 4 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Afternoon everyone, 

One of our users has a number of approvals connected to sub-contract valuations but when he clicks on object information to view, it takes him to a blank screen. 

I think this is because the particular valuation has been cancelled, but the approval is remaining in his list. Does anyone know how we can get rid of these? Will this require removing them from the tables or a data repair release from IFS?

When we RMB on the highlighted line, the only option available is Object Info...
When we select Object Info the screen is completely blank, so I cannot delete the approval lines from there.

Thanks

Hayley

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi Hayley,

Unless you can find those records in another screen (did you try Sub Contract Valuations?) I think you need to prepare to do a small data repair. Or perhaps your colleague can filter these approvals out using an advanced query.

/Mathias

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Hi @HayleyG 

Even though the valuation is cancelled it should still be able to query from the window and it should not get deleted from the database. From the screenshot of approvals window it looks like the object key is wrong and according to the core environments it should have contract no as well as valuation no in it’s key. Probably because of the wrong key information it cannot find it’s attached object correctly. You can search from those contracts no’s manually in sub contract valuation and see what kind of records it will pick up. If this gets recreated then it should be a bug in the system and I suggest opening a case to support.

BR,

Amila