Question

Tax Code required on PR Line but can't add it

• 26 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I’m trying to convert a Purchase Requisition to a PO in 21R2.  This is something I’ve done many times.  Now, when I try to convert, I’m getting a message that the Tax Code is required.  I’ve tried setting things a bunch of ways and still cannot avoid this message.  The Tax Code field on the PR is also NOT editable so I can’t add it specifically for this item.

We’ve recently installed an update but I can’t tell you which one.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?

Thank you

Patrick

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @PIreland 

In Company → Tax Control → General tab → For supplier tax validation, you can select object level or transaction level. If Object Level is enabled, it is required to enter tax information on sales items (e.g sales object and purchase part). If Transaction Level is enabled, it is required to enter a tax code on transactions (e.g purchase orders and various types of supplier invoices). 

please check

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you.  How does it work when neither one is enabled?

Patrick

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @PIreland 

It will simply mean that neither the object level or transaction level tax codes are required, but of course can be used as needed.

Please check more information using below link.

Tax Control (ifsdevworld.com)

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Thank you all.  As it turns out, I was a victim of a modification that a colleague had deployed and I was not aware of that.  Thank you all for the help.

Patrick